Saturday, March 5, 2011

Apollo missions a hoax?

For this weeks muddiest point I wanted to pose a question that I have had on this subject for well over a decade now, but first I want to clarify some things.

I began reading about the lunar conspiracies in the mid-nineties and honestly...I still don't know if it was faked or not. The website I viewed from blackboard had a tremendous amount information that makes one question whether or not we walked on the moon at all. Nonetheless, if you spend enough time researching online, you can find information to counter this evidence. For example, the episode of myth-busters proving the photo of different shadow angles coming from one source of light, is a perfect example of this. To tell you the truth, I don't know if there is any evidence I've encountered that hasn't been refuted in one way or another.

And so we get to my question:

If the moon landings were a hoax, does that matter to you? My answer to this question is definitely no! Before you judge my answer though, let me explain myself. At the time of the lunar landings we were at the height of the cold war. Communism was also at it's height and most of the world was under it's cruel dominion. Our biggest enemies were the U.S.S.R. and China.

For the sake of our country, our allies, and the future of our world the communist countries needed to know that America was the big man on campus, even if that was just an illusion. Does this make it right for a country to lie to inhabitants? No, but that's the history of the world. All countries do this...some on a daily basis. Sometimes for the good and many times for the bad. However, if the lunar landings were just a fake, than this is definitely one time I can forgive our government for lying to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment